Thank you for your interest in the Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary education program. The following information will help you get the most out of your experience. We appreciate your support in ensuring a safe, fun, and educational program. All programs must be booked at least two weeks in advance. Programs are booked on a first come, first serve basis.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR PROGRAM:
- Highly trained educators will lead your group on an age-appropriate tour or other program that will be fun and interactive.
- Students will learn many things about the animals here at the Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary.
- Programs will be educational and fun.
- Programs run from 1 - 2 hours, depending on the age group and theme.
- Programs are aligned with Arizona Academic Standards set by the Arizona Department of Education.
WHATE NOT TO EXPECT:
- School groups going beyond fences that are used as barriers.
- Tour specialists going beyond barriers to coax an animal out of hiding.
- Every animal on display at all times. If it is a hot day many animals might be in their night houses staying cool. We have no control of where an animal may be during your visit.
GENGERAL INFORMATION & PROGRAM GUIDELINES:
Educators will be outside of the gift shop waiting for your group. Please have your group leader make contact with our educators before having your group leave their vehicles.
Please have students wear name tags during their visit at the sanctuary. Have groups divide into appropriate sizes as discussed at the time of booking.
Groups renting the pavilion for lunch may leave their lunches there while the group is participating in their program. However, this area cannot be locked and will be accessible to other patrons. We encourage every student to bring water and to carry it with them during their program.
We encourage every student to wear a hat and sunscreen while at the sanctuary. Please check the weather the day before to advise students to dress appropriately.
We require clients to provide one adult for every ten students in attendance. Chaperones are to be engaged in the program, acting as disciplinarians, if necessary.
There is no smoking on sanctuary property and we prohibit music devices, balloons, straws, in-line skates, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, bikes, and pets in the facility.
The pavilion needs to be kept clean and left how it was found. Garbage containers are provided.
Outreach programs are fun, interactive programs that bring the sanctuary to you. They are conducted indoors, unless otherwise discussed. We will arrive 15 - 20 minutes prior to time scheduled. Please have the area prepared for the program before arrival. We request that the location has a table set up in the front of the audience seating. If you cannot provide a table please let us know ahead of time. Also, let us know if there are any cultural restrictions on the topics or animals we may bring.
We cannot guarantee specific animals, but we will do our best to accommodate requests made at the time of booking.
- On-Site Programs (tours, classes, etc.): $9.50 per adult, $5.50 per student
- Additional Programs: $1 more per person
- Outreach Programs: $2.50 per person plus $0.50 a mile round trip from HPZS ($50 minimum charge per outreach)
- Birthday Parties: $50 dollars for one live animal and one educator. Other options are available upon request.
The Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary Education Department must receive payment a minimum of seven days prior to the scheduled program date. If late payment is received, services may not be provided.
Please make your checks payable to “Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary” and indicate your reservation number on the check. Payment can be mailed to the following address:
ATTN: Education Department
Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary
1403 Heritage Park Rd.
Prescott, AZ 86301
Cancellations must be made seven or more days in advance to receive a full refund. A cancellation fee of 25% will be charged for programs that are cancelled less then seven days in advance. Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary reserves the right to cancel services for health and safety considerations of the animals, staff, or clients. At client’s request, a rebooking on an available date at least two weeks forward or full refund will be issued, if we cancel.